Hint 1: A Bill of rights doesn't confer rights... it recognizes them. Rights are God given!
Hint 2: A Bill of rights is meant to protect the citizen from the state... nothing more nothing less.
Now enjoy reading the Iraqi Bill of Rights got from this link http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/8426.html
July 8, 2005
The Iraqi Bill of Rights is Here!!
Posted by Stephan Kinsella on July 8, 2005 12:39 AM
Thank God! The draft of the Iraqi Bill of Rights just shows America is helping to spawn liberty in the mid-east. For example, the neo-con pro-Israeli hawks will no doubt love these provisision: “Any individual with another nationality (except for Israel) may obtain Iraqi nationality after a period of residency … An Iraqi may have more than one nationality as long as the nationality is not Israeli.”
Sheesh. Other choice provisions, which sound like they were written by the UN [Khawaja on Socialist Welfare Rights; The UN, International Law, and Nuclear Weapons]:
* Social justice is the basis of building the society.
* The state must … implant moral values ….
* The state shall guarantee for women the appropriate services related to pregnancy, childbirth, and the period after childbirth and provide her free health services as well as adequate nutrition while she is pregnant and nursing.
* Iraqi citizens have the right to enjoy security and free health care.
* The state is responsible to support the provision of work opportunities for all qualified and pay monthly salaries for all unemployed for any reason until opportunities are provided in the case of disability, handicap, or illness until the malady ceases.
* There is no tax or fee except by law [note: well, that's a relief!]. The basis for taxes and public expenditures is social
justice [oh, goody, better than some other ... basis].
* All natural resources and the [resulting] revenues are owned by the people. The state shall preserve them and invest them well. [Well, heck, we ought to just require American mutual funds to "invest well". That would be a good idea, no?]
* Citizens may not own, bear, buy, or sell weapons, except by a permit issued in accordance with law.
* The state shall guarantee the realization of social and health insurance for the child from his birth until he completes his university studies.
* The state shall guarantee the realization of the social guarantee necessary for citizens in case of old age, disease, inability to work, or if they are homeless, orphans, widowed, or unemployed. It shall provide them social insurance services and health care and protect them from the talons of ignorance, fear [shades of Woodrow Wilson!], and want, providing them with housing, and special programs to train them and care for them.
* The state and regional governments shall combat illiteracy and provide their citizens with the right of free education at the various stages.
* There is no censorship on newspapers, printing, publishing, advertising, or media [hey, this sounds alright!... but wait: ] except by law. [uh oh]